Saturday, February 4, 2017

Flannelboard: Snow

If I come up with more rhymes and songs to go with this set, the post will be updated to reflect that. If you have ideas for other ways to use the set, please share!

Flannelboard



These cute little snowflakes were my first foray into making felt creations for flannelboards. I was greatly inspired by the adorable creations from Felt-tastic Flennelboard Funtime. I should really get a photograph of these on a darker background since their pastel outlines just sort of blend into the light blue. The board I have at the library is dark blue, so they look much better on that one. I used these for my snow storytime, which was very lightly attended and started late due to the weather. Hopefully I'll be able to make good use of them for a future storytime with higher attendance!

Songs, Rhymes, Games, and Fingerplays

“Five Little Snowflakes”

One little snowflake with nothing to do,
Along came another and then there were…two!
Two little snowflakes laughing with me,
Along came another and then there were…three!
Three little snowflakes looking for some more,
Along came another and then there were…four!
Four little snowflakes dancing a jive,
Along came another and then there were…five!
Five little snowflakes, having so much fun!
Out came the sun, and then there were none!


This is the only rhyme I used with this flannelboard, but I'm sure there are a lot more that I might be able to come up with in the future, especially if I make a set of 10 later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment